Skip to main content

The Grace of Christ!

There were many people on my mission who would tell us that we don't believe in grace, that our works will save us. They would say that no matter what God or Christ did for us, we would still have to get 100% on the test of life so that we could make it into Heaven. It always made me laugh to see what others thought that we believe in.
Yesterday in church we sung the Hymn "I Believe in Christ." The words of this amazing hymn express our beliefs is such a powerful way. It was written by Bruce R. McConkie, and here are the words:

I believe in Christ; he is my King!
With all my heart to him I'll sing;
I'll raise my voice in praise and joy,
In grand amens my tongue employ.
I believe in Christ; he is God's Son.
On earth to dwell his soul did come.
He healed the sick; the dead he raised.
Good works were his; his name be praised.
2. I believe in Christ; oh blessed name!
As Mary's Son he came to reign
'Mid mortal men, his earthly kin,
To save them from the woes of sin.
I believe in Christ, who marked the path,
Who did gain all his Father hath,
Who said to men: "Come, follow me,
That ye, my friends, with God may be."
3. I believe in Christ--my Lord, my God!
My feet he plants on gospel sod.
I'll worship him with all my might;
He is the source of truth and light.
I believe in Christ; he ransoms me.
From Satan's grasp he sets me free,
And I shall live with joy and love
In his eternal courts above.
4. I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
From him I'll gain my fondest dream;
And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: "Ye shall obtain."
I believe in Christ; so come what may,
With him I'll stand in that great day
When on this earth he comes again
To rule among the sons of men.
Without Christ we have no hope, it is through His grace that we are saved, it is through His grace that we have the chance to change ourselves for the better, it is through His grace that we are able to feel God's love in our lives. There is a man by the name of Brad Wilcox, he gives an amazing address on grace, and what it does for us, it is at http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=1966. This address has helped me know why faith without works is dead, how Christ's grace has the power to heal me, and how I can use it to help others see the love of God!
Here in this world it can get cold, lonely, and dark. It is through Christ's grace, that those dark clouds of sin are rolled away to reveal the glorious shining sun. I know that Christ lives, and loves each and everyone of us. He is continually looking out for us, and showing us His love. We are surrounded by the beauties of this world. Christ has asked us to follow Him, keep His commandments, and to love Him. So going back to that our works will save us, they won't, they never will, but our works show our appreciation for Christ, and it shows where our hearts are at. Do you want your works to show that you are a follower of Christ, or that you are a follower of the devil?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Boy and His Mom!

Lately I have been thinking about a book, my favorite childhood book. This book has helped me a lot over the years, if I am ever feeling down and blue, I read this book, and it helps me to remember how much I have been given. This book especially reminds me of my mom! I know she enjoys my company, and she has given me so much, and has made so many sacrifices not just me, but all my siblings and many others. From this book I have learned that the activities which we do with those we love don’t matter too much, but the time we spend with them do. So now I want to thank my mom for all the great time we have spent together! Started about 22 years ago. I spent about 9 months with her, nagging her here and there when I was hungry. Giving her a “gentle” kick when I was excited for no reason. After those 9 months of darkness for me, she went through the greatest pain known to man for many hours for me! I grew up, learned to walk, to talk, and to eat! During all this she was continually ...

The Lamb and the Lion

Today while in priesthood the hymn "The Spirit of God" was running through my mind. In the beginning of the fourth verse it says the following: "How blessed the day when the lamb and the lion shall lie down together without any ire." This line has always been a powerful line for me, always making my eyes feel like some dust got in them. Also that would be an awesome scene to see. I also sometimes feel like I am a poor helpless lamb, trying to feed on some grass, and there is a ferocious lion about to jump on me. And I am waiting for that moment of peace when I can just talk things out with this lion. After priesthood we went to Sunday school where I got the privilege to teach the lesson about when Joseph was sold into Egypt by his brothers. He could have felt like he was a helpless lamb about to be torn up by a lion. But instead he kept going, and never forgot the Lord. He didn't see others as lions, but he saw them as lambs. He probably imagined himself as the...

Who has influenced you in your life?

Steve Dalton and his wife Recently my swim coach from high school announced his retirement. After 48 years of coaching, he has decided to throw in the towel. This man had a great influence on me, helped me shape who I am today. It has really gotten me thinking, how many people have I influenced? There are some people which we know we have influenced because they have told us, but what about the people who we have but haven't told us? I would like to tell you about an amazing man, a man who passed away this last year. Steve Dalton was a mighty man in the faith. I was on my mission, I was still in my first area, and having a really rough time. Steve Dalton was the stake president of the district I was in. Every month he would have all of us missionaries over for breakfast, this breakfast was amazing! But it wasn't the breakfast which had the biggest impact on me, it was what he did for me the very last time I was in his home. After breakfast, we would have a gospel discussio...

Tender Mercies