Skip to main content

Mini Miracles

"There are only two ways to live your life, one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle!" -Albert Einstein
As we read the Bible we see these mighty miracles being performed. Moses parting the Red Sea, the walls of Jericho falling down, Jesus walking on water, a girl being raised from the dead, and the greatest miracle of all, Jesus Christ performing the atonement. I have always heard people ask, "Why aren't there any miracles these days?"
Has God stopped the work of miracles in these days? No, He has not! We have become blind to the higher things in life, we see these amazing acts performed by God, and we see them as naught. The rising of the sun, the sound of laughter, the smile on a child's face, and the feeling of being loved. How are these not miracles?
"Wonder of Wonder, Miracle of Miracle!" That is probably my favorite line from the movie "Fiddler on the Roof." I feel we are expecting these huge miracles to see, to convince us that God is there. But we forget to realize that this life is made of many little things. One of the greatest feelings I get is when someone shoots me a smile, or when I receive a great big hug!
One of my favorite songs says the following:
"A single thread in a tapestry 
Through its color brightly shine 
Can never see its purpose 
In the pattern of the grand design 

And the stone that sits on the very top 
Of the mountain's mighty face 
Does it think it's more important 
Than the stones that form the base? 

So how can you see what your life is worth 
Or where your value lies? 
You can never see through the eyes of man 
You must look at your life 

Look at your life through heaven's eyes 
Lai-la-lai... 

A lake of gold in the desert sand 
Is less than a cool fresh spring 
And to one lost sheep, a shepherd boy 
Is greater than the richest king 
If a man lose ev'rything he owns 
Has he truly lost his worth? 
Or is it the beginning 
Of a new and brighter birth? 

So how do you measure the worth of a man 
In wealth or strength or size? 
In how much he gained or how much he gave? 
The answer will come 
The answer will come to him who tries 
To look at his life through heaven's eyes 

And that's why we share all we have with you 
Though there's little to be found 
When all you've got is nothing 
There's a lot to go around 

No life can escape being blown about 
By the winds of change and chance 
And though you never know all the steps 
You must learn to join the dance 
You must learn to join the dance 
Lai-la-lai... 

So how do you judge what a man is worth 
By what he builds or buys? 
You can never see with your eyes on earth 
Look through heaven's eyes 
Look at your life 
Look at your life 
Look at your life through heaven's eyes"
Along with not being able to see these mini miracles around us, I feel we also forget to see how we fit into God's plan, there are many times we feel we are better then others, we feel like a mighty mountain while our neighbor is but a rough looking rock, perfect to skip into the sea. Then there are times where we feel we are "nothing." 
I am here to tell you that we are all important to God, He loves each and everyone of us. He knows us better than we know ourselves. All callings are important, and are privileged to witness many great miracles. 
I ask you all to "look through heaven's eyes" and she our worth to God, and see the many miracles God is continually raining down on us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Boy and His Mom!

Lately I have been thinking about a book, my favorite childhood book. This book has helped me a lot over the years, if I am ever feeling down and blue, I read this book, and it helps me to remember how much I have been given. This book especially reminds me of my mom! I know she enjoys my company, and she has given me so much, and has made so many sacrifices not just me, but all my siblings and many others. From this book I have learned that the activities which we do with those we love don’t matter too much, but the time we spend with them do. So now I want to thank my mom for all the great time we have spent together! Started about 22 years ago. I spent about 9 months with her, nagging her here and there when I was hungry. Giving her a “gentle” kick when I was excited for no reason. After those 9 months of darkness for me, she went through the greatest pain known to man for many hours for me! I grew up, learned to walk, to talk, and to eat! During all this she was continually ...

The Lamb and the Lion

Today while in priesthood the hymn "The Spirit of God" was running through my mind. In the beginning of the fourth verse it says the following: "How blessed the day when the lamb and the lion shall lie down together without any ire." This line has always been a powerful line for me, always making my eyes feel like some dust got in them. Also that would be an awesome scene to see. I also sometimes feel like I am a poor helpless lamb, trying to feed on some grass, and there is a ferocious lion about to jump on me. And I am waiting for that moment of peace when I can just talk things out with this lion. After priesthood we went to Sunday school where I got the privilege to teach the lesson about when Joseph was sold into Egypt by his brothers. He could have felt like he was a helpless lamb about to be torn up by a lion. But instead he kept going, and never forgot the Lord. He didn't see others as lions, but he saw them as lambs. He probably imagined himself as the...

Who has influenced you in your life?

Steve Dalton and his wife Recently my swim coach from high school announced his retirement. After 48 years of coaching, he has decided to throw in the towel. This man had a great influence on me, helped me shape who I am today. It has really gotten me thinking, how many people have I influenced? There are some people which we know we have influenced because they have told us, but what about the people who we have but haven't told us? I would like to tell you about an amazing man, a man who passed away this last year. Steve Dalton was a mighty man in the faith. I was on my mission, I was still in my first area, and having a really rough time. Steve Dalton was the stake president of the district I was in. Every month he would have all of us missionaries over for breakfast, this breakfast was amazing! But it wasn't the breakfast which had the biggest impact on me, it was what he did for me the very last time I was in his home. After breakfast, we would have a gospel discussio...

Tender Mercies