Skip to main content

The Book of Mormon- Title and Intro

The Book of Mormon, it is my favorite book to read. I get so much out of it, especially a hope in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.
Today I read the Title Page and the Introduction. Both Help us to understand the role of the Book of Mormon, in our lives. There were a couple of things that really stood out to me.
First on the Title Page it says the following: "Also[The Book of Mormon] to the convincing of the Jew and Gentile that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God, manifesting himself unto all nations-And now, if there are faults they are the mistakes of men; wherefore, condemn not the things of God, that ye may be found spotless at the judgement-seat of Christ." I love that statement, because Jesus is the Savior of everyone, not just me or you, but all. And there may be mistakes in the Book of Mormon, in the Bible, and even college textbooks, but we aren't to let the mistakes of men get in the way of truth.
In the Introduction it talks about the brief story line of the Book of Mormon. It also talks about the last prophet in the Book of Mormon, and his challenge to us all, which is to read, ponder and pray to know the truthfulness of its message. It then states "Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is His revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the Second Coming of the Messiah."
I have taken Moroni's challenge, I have read the Book of Mormon, I know that it is true, I have felt the Holy Spirit touch my heart, and wipe away the doubt, and he softened my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting on the "Whole" Armor of God

Lately, I have been thinking of putting on the whole Armor of God. I remember watching a video in seminary where it showed some young men in armor and how some of them decided to remove their armor because it was uncomfortable and they needed a rest from it. When they least expected, they were attacked and those who had kept on their armor were able to defend off the attack. Some of those who had removed their armor weren't quite as lucky.  Today we live in an age of increasing dangers, not only physical dangers but spiritual and mental dangers as well. Let's take a look at the different parts of the Armor of God: Loins: Our loins must be girt about with truth. Why is it our loins that should have truth and not our head? I feel this is because there are so many eternal truths about how we are God's children and how the powers to procreate is an eternal law.  Chest: We must have the breastplate of righteousness. The breastplate is what covers our vital organs, most important

How hammocking can increase your faith

This past week I asked one of my friends what I should write about, and they told me hammocking. So here is my input on the adventures of hammocking. Hammocking has become quite a popular way to "hang" out with your friends. I have now enjoyed hammocking a couple times now and I am already hooked. But what does hammocking have to do with the gospel, well let me tell you. There are two types of hammocking, first is personal hammocking, this one you do by yourself, usually spent reading a book, enjoying nature or taking a nap. The other is social hammocking, this one is spent with others, you are interacting and getting to know one another. Just like going to church, you are able to learn and grow together. Hammocking helps you to live a more elevated life. You can set up your hammock as high as you want, you can be sitting on the ground, near the top a 100-foot tree or anywhere in between. For some being so high in the air helps them feel closer to God, just like in ancient

5 Way to Show Our Love for God

"Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like, unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." All Christians have heard these verse of scriptures, but how many actually follow these two commandments? We should all know that Christ has said that "If ye love me, keep my commandments." So we should know how to follow the first great commandment, but how do we follow the second one? How do we love our neighbor? How do we love our neighbor when our neighbor doesn't love us? How do we love our neighbor when they believe in something we don't? I say in order for us to love our neighbor we must learn how to follow the second part of the second greatest commandment. Let's look at it another time, "Tho

Tender Mercies